Knowing the causes of the crumbling spine is complicated because of the actions you must take to prevent it from worsening. Changing a few of your daily habits can https://pliteam.com/ativan-lorazepam-1-mg/ help you maintain a pain-free and healthy back.
The spine plays a vital role in your overall well-being. It provides your body with a sense of structure and support, allowing you to move freely and bend with flexibility. The spine also protects and secures your spinal cord. Your spinal cord is a column that connects all the nerves to your brain and all over your body. That is the reason why you can control your body, and it goes the way you want it to be.
Knowing your spinal condition is essential in maintaining the wellness of your body, as well as the coordination of movement. But, what happens when you are suffering from a crumbling spine?
Terms associated with the crumbling spine are fragile, pain, and disability. Another point to consider is there is no official
medical health diagnosis for it. However, chiropractic care is now in demand. Chiropractors are studying and looking for alternative solutions to treat the crumbling spine and understand different spinal conditions.
Individuals who suffer from crumbling pain are thought to have lifelong pain, but this is not always the case. They can seek medical assistance and reduce the intensity or level of pain. What is essential is to know your condition and what are the available remedies that suit you.
Symptoms of a Crumbling Spine
Typically, there are no symptoms in the early phases of bone loss. But once the backbone is weakened by osteoporosis, you may experience
these signs and symptoms.
- Back pain as a result of the fractured vertebra
- Decline of height over time
- A weak bone that breaks easily than expected
- Stooped posture
Examples of Crumbling Spine
The bones of your spine are called vertebrae, and as it collapses, it results from crumbling. Your bones are compressed, usually in the front and back. Here are the specific symptoms of a crumbling spine.
- Spondylolisthesis. It is from the word spondylo, which means spine, and listhesis, meaning slip. When your vertebra slips one below your spine, this occurs. It comes from a varying degree, and you can classify it by scale of 1-5. Where 1 produces 0-25%, two ranges from 26-50%; 3 is from 51-75%; 4 is 76-100 %, and spondyloptosis is less than 100%.
- Osteoarthritis. It is also known as degenerative joint disease. It is a wear and tear kind of arthritis that you can experience to some degree. Older adults commonly experience this because of aging. You can address and minimize the pain with exercise. It would be best if you consult a health professional about the activities that best suit your needs. You can also try manual therapy that comes with stretching, joint manipulation, acupuncture, electrotherapy, and pharmacological alternatives.
- Degenerative Disc disease. Once you reach a certain age, it affects your lower lumbar disc. It is also another process of wear and tear. This disease keeps your body dehydrated, and losing their height can cause problems in your sciatic nerve, also known as sciatica. It typically affects one side of your body like the buttocks, hips, and your leg. It is advisable for you to have surgery or undergo spinal fusion or disc replacement to treat these diseases. If you do not want to undergo surgery and are into the natural processes of minimizing pain, exercise and hot and cold therapy can help.
- Osteoporosis. Lacking bone density can give you a higher chance of bone fracture. It is a bone disease that is common to women. If you lack calcium, you probably have a high probability of having this disease. However, you can prevent it by having a balanced diet and regular exercise. You can also ask your doctor about a DEXA scan to check your overall bone status.
- Fracture. It is most commonly known as a compression fracture. It happens when your bones take or undergo too much trauma that results in breaking. Once you experience compression fracture, your vertebral body becomes wedge-shaped and loses height. Fracture varies, and you can treat it with physiotherapy and pain reliever. You can also avail and get braces to wear or pursue surgery.
How to Prevent a Crumbling Spine
You can begin by asking for medical advice or consulting a professional chiropractor near you.
- Exercising has various health benefits. It helps you achieve inner peace and gain your focus and discipline. Moreover, having a regular training routine will help you develop and improve your core muscles. It also reduces the chances or possibilities of having spine-related injuries, like muscle spasms and strains. Again, you can try doing abdominal training exercises and incorporate your back to improve your strength and be flexible.
- Increase your Vitamins and Calcium Intake. Having a healthy bone comes with a body that has enough vitamins and calcium. The inability to have or regulate can cause back pain. To minimize the risks of consuming or eating fruits and vegetables rich with calcium and vitamins.
- Good posture is key. Straightening up your back and using a brace can keep your spine healthy and maintain efficient and effective functions. It is important because having a bad posture stresses your back to the point that it changes your spine’s structure. It would be best if you avoid slouching, circling your shoulders, and bending while standing.
- Avoid Vices. Smoking is one of the primary causes of different diseases, and it also affects your overall spine condition. It is because nicotine is the primary ingredient of cigarettes. It restricts and blocks your blood flow to the spine. It causes rupture, crack, and drying out of your body. It also minimizes or reduces the oxygen in your blood, which reduces the nourishment in your tendons and muscles.
- Lighten everything up. When you lift objects incorrectly, it can cause back pain. Lifting does not necessarily mean something heavy and extraordinary; it comes with simple things like carrying your suitcase, laptop, bags, or even your weekly grocery. As much as possible, make sure that you lessen the weight that your shoulders carry and make it in a way that all the pressure is distributed throughout your body.
Being mindful of your daily activities can help you reduce the risk of the crumbling of the spine. Maintaining a healthy and proper diet can also improve your overall well-being. Remember that your spine plays an important role in your overall well-being.
Chiropractic care has been widely known for its effectiveness in treating back pain. Do not let yourself suffer from pain and immobility.