The chiropractors at DeBole Chiropractic are available to treat a wide variety of health problems using chiropractic care. Call (585) 433-5680 today!
Chiropractors are trained to diagnose and treat a wide variety of health problems. They specialize in treating injuries, spinal misalignments, joint disorders, headaches, and chronic pain.
Recently they have become more involved with treating patients with auto-immune diseases such as multiple sclerosis or rheumatoid arthritis by helping them maintain their quality of life through adjustments designed to reduce pain and inflammation.
Aside from treating physical ailments, chiropractors also help people achieve emotional balance by offering guidance on diet and exercise programs tailored for each individual's needs; these lifestyle changes can be instrumental in overcoming mental stress, which is often related to depression or anxiety.
Chiropractors are known for their ability to treat bone and joint disorders. However, patients can also use chiropractic care to help with a wide variety of health problems.
Chiropractors focus on correcting any type of misalignment that may have developed in your spine over time from accidents or everyday activities such as poor posture. For more information about how you can use chiropractic treatment to improve your health, please contact our office today.
What are chiropractors?
Chiropractors are trained to treat problems in your spine, which is the center of our nervous system. They specialize in correcting misalignments that may have developed over time from accidents or everyday activities such as poor posture. When you visit a chiropractor for treatment, they will evaluate your condition and then give you an adjustment--or treatment with their small hands-on strokes. It helps restore mobility by reducing any pressure against nerves or joints caused by inflammation, muscle spasms, or other related conditions. It can also help alleviate pain and headaches and improve quality of life.
At DeBole Chiropractic, we offer many services, including pediatric care (for patients under 18), prenatal care (also for women who are pregnant) treatments, adjustments through spinal manipulation, chiropractic adjustments, spinal decompression therapy, and more.
Bones and Joints Disorders Chiropractors can Treat
Believe it or not, your pain is just as likely to be caused by poor nutrition and lack of exercise than a bad back. Chiropractors take an individualized approach with every person we assess to find out what the problem may be. It includes diet, lifestyle habits (like sleep), and even psychological aspects that can lead to physical ailments like aches and pains.
Surprisingly, many painful problems will respond well when you watch how much you eat, get enough rest each night, so your body has time for repair work during non-awake hours. All these things are linked closely together, which means improving one aspect often improves others too.
Let DeBole Chiropractic help you and your family live a pain-free life. Our doctors are experienced in treating people with all sorts of painful problems, from sore backs to headaches caused by stress or tension. We offer treatments for the whole body so that our patients can enjoy their lives again.
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Sacroiliac Pain
- Knee Pain
Other Health Problems A Chiropractor Can Treat
People often think that chiropractors only treat spine-related problems like joint and bone pain. However, they are also trained to diagnose and treat other health conditions such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, heartburn, asthma, and more.
A visit with a chiropractor can be the first step in treating these types of conditions without medication or surgery:
- Whiplash: A whiplash injury is a side-to-side injury to the neck that causes an individual's head and upper body to move in one direction suddenly. In contrast, the lower spine moves sharply in another. This sudden movement of these parts of the body can produce pain, headaches, or even dizziness.
- Migraine: A migraine headache compression against nerves in your brain stem typically causing extreme nausea, fatigue, blurred vision, and sensitivity to light as well as other symptoms like hearing loss and numbness on one side of your face are common with this condition. A muscle spasm often brings about migraine headaches in the neck or upper back areas, which Dr. Debole can correct through chiropractic adjustments.
Using X-rays and spinal manipulation, we can see how your spine is affecting your health. When the pressure gets to be too much for some people, our chiropractor can help relieve those migraines with a few adjustments to their back. We offer shoe inserts as well, along with other tools like blankets that may alleviate pain while you sleep. Weight loss, stress management, taking time off work, reducing strenuous exercises like running and lifting heavy weights during menstruation may also help prevent migraines from happening frequently.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is when there is pressure on some sciatic nerve roots, which come from the lumbar plexus passing beneath the pelvis through piriformis muscle into the leg. The pressure causes inflammation and leads to leg pain worse with walking or standing and better after resting. Sciatic nerve pain is typically caused by a misalignment of the spine that puts pressure on this large nerve root near where it leaves the pelvis.
Dr. Debole can use spinal manipulation and massage therapy to allow the nerve to gently be released from between the discs. Thus, allowing it to heal on its own. You will also learn exercises that may prevent flare-ups from happening again; however, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible if they do happen.
- Pediatric Chiropractic care: Children need to be screened by a chiropractor to ensure proper development of their spine and any neck, back, and hip areas. Spinal misalignments in infants, specifically those that are just born and come out through the birth canal, can be a source of trouble. Pediatric chiropractic care removes these spinal misalignments to alleviate colic or reflux symptoms, among other things like latching issues.
- Prenatal Chiropractic Care: Pregnancy chiropractic care is designed to address the specific concerns of an expectant mother. You may have changes in your body due to an unborn child or limitations on movement from a growing baby, so we provide gentle treatments that help those needs without taking unnecessary risks for a baby's health. Pregnancy Chiropractic Care offers many advantages and benefits which can be tailored based on what you're concerned about- our professionals will develop personalized treatment plans just for you.
- Sleep Problems: A large percentage of the population suffers from some sleep-related ailment. For those who have yet to consult a chiropractor, I would recommend giving it a try! Chiropractors are trained in adjusting your spine and vertebrae, which can improve alignment issues that may be causing you pain or preventing you from getting quality rest.
Many people report an immediate improvement after undergoing this treatment, with many reporting better sleeps and seeing less fatigue during the day. Sleep disorders often result from stress, anxiety, depression, or other factors, but many people don't even realize they're suffering because there are no apparent symptoms. Chiropractors may help by teaching better sleep hygiene and advising on methods to improve your sleeping environment.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Chiropractic techniques have been demonstrated to be effective in treating carpal tunnel syndrome. Chiropractors can manipulate the neck and spine, which alleviates pressure on the median nerve that may lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). Manipulation of other areas such as wrists or elbows with CTS also relieves symptoms by reducing over-activity from these muscles due to increased pain signals coming out of your cervical nerve roots.
To give justification to the argument that chiropractors treat only bone and joint disorders - this is not true. While chiropractors provide an emphasis on treating bone and joints disorders, they can treat much more than those health conditions.
Chiropractors are trained in a variety of techniques that can help with many health problems. Some common ones include pain management, rehabilitation from injury and illness, enhancement of athletic performance, headaches and migraines relief, prenatal care for pregnant women to improve the birth process, and postnatal recovery after giving birth. If you have any questions about chiropractic or would like more information on how your body reacts to stress, please call us at (585) 433-5680, so we can address these concerns today!