Victor, NY, is a small town with plenty of attractions for visitors to see. The most common attractions Victor has to offer about famous individuals and landmarks.
The following is a list of the top 10 landmark and tourist attractions in Victor, NY:
1. The Samuel Wadsworth Russell House: This historic Victorian house is where Sam Russell (American 19th-century sculptor) lived as a child. The Genesee Valley Canal built the house in 1829.
2. Samuel Wadsworth Russell Museum: This museum is dedicated to preserving the works of Samuel Wadsworth Russell (American 19th-century sculptor).
3. The First Presbyterian Church of Victor: The oldest Presbyterian church within 100 miles, this landmark was established in 1835.
4. The "Dolly Varden'': The second oldest house in the village, this Federal-style building was built in 1818 and named after a dress from Charles Dickens's Barnaby Rudge. Today, the Dolly Varden is still being used as a private residence, but visitors can walkthrough.
5. The Church of the Good Shepherd: This Romanesque Revival church was built in 1872, and it is still an active parish. Visitors can tour the building to see architectural details, stained glass windows, wood carvings, and more.
6. The Fellowship Beach Association owns and manages the beach, which is located on Lake Ontario. Visitors can enjoy swimming, fishing, boating, hiking trails, campgrounds, or just some relaxing time with family.
7. The Farm Beach: This landmark was one of three frontiers where Seneca Indians gathered for trading. It is a private residence now, but visitors can enjoy walking through the old cemetery and admiring the view of Lake Ontario.
8. The Long Point Lighthouse: This lighthouse was built in 1875 and is still fully operational. Visitors can climb to the top for panoramic views of the Niagara Frontier Region. The Long Point Lighthouse is the only lighthouse in New York State with its original 1st order Fresnel Lens.
9. Victor Turkey Trot Festival: This annual event takes place every Thanksgiving Day (the last Thursday in November). It features a 5K Run/Walk, food, fun activities for kids, and more.
10. Eastview Mall: This is the largest mall in Upstate New York, making it attractive for shoppers and tourists. It has over 200 stores to visit, plus a large food court with many different options for dining.
The city of Victor is surrounded by lush nature, which is why it has so many beautiful landmarks. Visitors who want to explore more can plan a trip to this small town any time of year! These are just 10 of the top landmarks and tourist attractions in Victor, NY.